Thursday 20 July 2017

First trimester with baby number 2




So i thought it would be fun to blog my PREGNANCY TRIMESTERS as with my first i wrote everything down in a book along side photos and being able to compare is the best thing ever!



How far along? - 13 weeks and 3 days

When did we start trying and how long did it take to get pregnant? - We started trying in April 2017, i stopped taking my pill and started tracking my ovulation straight after. I was expecting to take around 3 months like it did with my first but i wasn't tracking ovulation the first time round. I got pregnant 2/3 weeks after taking my last pill. So thinking you have to wait until you have a 'proper' period - it can happen straight away.

Symptoms? - My first symptom of being pregnant was cramping and sore boobs, i got cramping which felt like i was coming on my period all way up until i was about 6 weeks and still get the odd cramping now. Sickness was fine up until 7 weeks :( which has been horrendous!! At first it was feeling sick then it moved onto gipping and physically being sick once a day. Also having a sour taste in my mouth constantly, which is not a symptom i remember having with my first baby. Exhaustion, constipation and frequent weeing too? i think they are just a few symptoms nobody can run away from whilst in the first trimester and last but not least a trapped nerve in my back! which kills my bum when i sit down in a car or hard flooring/seats. (what symptom have i not had??) 

Weight? - Weight at 6 weeks checked by midwife (10.3st) now currently at (9.9/9.10st) so I've lost quite a lot of weight which was expected as i did in my first pregnancy from all the vomiting and feeling sick.

Cravings? - fizzy pop or fruited water? chewing gum and ice pops! but mostly its just things i have fancied whilst feeling sick.

Due date? - 22nd of January 2018

Planned birth so far? - Fingers crossed were planning for a home birth. With my first pregnancy it was pretty quick. I stayed at home until i was in loads of pain and by time i got to the hospital i was already 9cm dilated, so id panic this time round not getting to the hospital on time. Plus I've always wanted a water birth and having a 4 year old around it would be lovely to have her involved as much as possible if she wants obviously!

Bump size and feeling movements? - Bump photo above ^^ taken at 13 weeks so the baby is the size of a kiwi, only super tiny still but there's definitely a little bump showing. unless its just bloating. I don't know if its just me but sometimes when i'm sat down i can feel flutters in my tummy but i tend to think if i just have trapped wind hehe. Can't wait to start feeling/seeing the kicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment