Tuesday 7 November 2017

Second trimester with baby number 2






So i'm now heading into my third trimester and i can tell you all about my second trimester and how the last few months have been. 


How far along? - 29 weeks and 1 day


Weight? - 10.1 stone, finally putting weight back on after loosing over half a stone from the morning sickness.


Cravings? - I'm not really craving anything, i just like food! especially donuts. But eating everything else as normal. 3 meals a day with snacks in between.


Due date? - 22nd of January


Sex? - We found out were having a boy and that hes healthy and growing as normal.


Birth plan? - Birth plan hasn't changed from the first trimester. We still want a home birth and have the midwife coming out to do a risk assessment at our house in the next couple of weeks. 

The only thing putting me off was that i tore with Ava (baby number 1) and that i was scared if that happened again id need to be rushed to the hospital. So i asked my midwife what would happen if i tore and she explained they can stitch you up at home up to a second degree tear. Anything past that then id need to go to hospital for surgery. 

Were still planning on Ava who is 4 to be at the birth. She is super excited. 

We have someone on call just in case i need to go to hospital so Ava can be looked after as she would't be allowed to come with us.


Symptoms and movements? - Sickness finally stopped at 16 weeks which i couldn't wait for as i barely could keep anything down. I'm now able to take tablets which i couldn't stand before. So all my vitamins are back in my system.

Lots of movements! I started to feel some fluttering around 13/14 weeks pregnant but the movements really began around 18/19 weeks when i felt his first kick. As the weeks went on his movements started to get a lot more powerful and even now a little uncomfortable at times especially when i'm trying to get to sleep. He gets hiccups a lot which was picked up when listening to his heartbeat at the midwife appointment. But i always remember Ava having hiccups throughout pregnancy number 1.

I haven't really had any bad symptoms through my second trimester, tiredness is still a thing. A boost of energy would be nice but its as expected when you have a child who's 4 and pregnant at the same time. No nice little naps like i had with my first pregnancy.


Bump size? - Bump is growing quick, i do look quite small but all measurements are perfect from my pelvic bone to the top of my uterus and my midwife says hes very compact. Bump with Ava was very similar in size but this time i just feel very low down.


No comments:

Post a Comment