Friday 15 November 2019

The Ordinary. - Skincare essentials for acne prone skin.


I've recently been trying out some products that i've now added to my daily skincare/make up routine. I had been doing a lot of research on the brand The Ordinary. and had seen loads of people using their products. They are super affordable and a genuine brand so i thought why not. My skin is oily/combination and im quite prone to getting acne around my tzone. 

The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% comes in a 30ml bottle with a dropper application and retailing at £4.20 (cultbeauty). A little goes a long way so you only need the tiniest amount. I drop a tiny amount on each cheek, forehead and chin and rub gently into the skin every morning and night. Obviously not everyone will have to use it as regular as me depending on their skin type. The Ordinary. quotes that 'Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin, which helps exfoliate the inside walls of pores to fight the appearance of blemishes and for better visible skin clarity with continued use'. I do still get the odd spot every now and again but they are way more calm looking, not so aggressively red and swollen. 



The second product i've added is more for the start of my make up rountine but can be used at the end of a skincare routine and left alone. The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer which comes in a 30ml squeezy bottle and retailing at £3.90 (lookfantastic) This primer is a non greasy silicone based primer which is  free from alcohol and oils so is perfect for sensitive skin. It quotes that it hydrates, mattify and smoothes the skin to create a perfect base. I find it helps my foundation apply a lot smoother onto the skin than it would without it. Same again with this product you really dont need a large amount of product. The only downfall i have to say about the primer is you can still see my enlarged pores but for the price its great for a base before applying your make up. 

I would definitely suggest trying this brand out if you have the chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment