Wednesday 4 January 2017

Being judgemental?

I really wanted to write something about this on here. Its been going through my mind ages and I still keep seeing comments on Social Media and people in day to day life with it happening. Why are we judged? Why are we judgemental towards others? I mostly want to pick out being judgemental towards parents and parenting? I know it goes off in the world to everyone not just parents but me now being a mum I see it so much more.
Before I was pregnant, I must admit I did judge others! 'Why is she giving her child a phone' 'I wouldn't do that,' 'I wont bribe my children,' 'I wont give them chocolate,' 'they look so spoilt,' 'why are they dressed like that,' 'those nappies look cheap,' 'I wont use a stroller when my child starts walking,' 'my baby wont have a dummy' I could go on! and I do apologize for even thinking that way. Since having a child, all my views on everything have changed! I don't think anyone can judge a parent until they have their own children or at least try to put your feet into others. Try see their point of view. I've got a 3 year old now and I use bribery, feed her chocolate, give her a phone just so I can have 2 minutes to myself or stop her from screaming the house down and yes, I still get those awful looks and comments from others and feel so guilty for it. Why should I feel guilty? If you want to give your children chocolate or sweets do it. If you want to let them use a phone for 10 minutes let them. If you want to use a pushchair or dummy do it! We need to be aware of how we can make others feel! Being a parent is really hard work. I get comments from people saying 'gosh shes spoilt, get her out of the shop' just because she's crying.. and its horrible to hear! We should just walk past each other give each other advice or funny little comments to show them its not just them who's going through this and that it happens to everyone. We should just smile and make someone else feel happy. This world today we live in is a terrifying place! People need to think before they speak or just keep it to themselves if it may hurt someone else. Having children is hard work and if you're with them 24/7, sometimes 2 minutes to ourselves is what we need to keep our sanity! Another thing I see so much on Social Media is us comparing everything with others. Who has best, who can do better, who's child can do this before others, who had a epidural during labour, natural birth is better than a c section! NO just no.. Who cares? Every child/parent is different in their own way and we should be lucky for what we have and do things in our own time. Everyone does things differently or bring up their children in a different way and everyone's circumstances are different. We should just support each other!


Please don't judge or keep it to yourself because no one wants to hear it!




No comments:

Post a Comment