Tuesday 24 March 2015

My hair colour story

After seeing all these images you'll think how do i have any hair left? I've been through that many hair dyes and done most of them myself at home.
I've always had long hair and whenever i get it cut short i want to grow it back long again. 




My hair has always been long since a young child. 

I always remember, my mum just use to snip the dead ends off at home in front of a wardrobe mirror.

I first got it professionally cut at the hairdressers just below my shoulders, i remember them always asking me if i wanted to take my hair home in a bag to make my dad a wig (he's bald)







This was my natural hair colour and a nice cut in fringe which i did myself (don't ever cut your own hair) (Oh and over plucked eyebrows)








Then the dyeing started, I had gone to the hairdressers and had highlights and low lights put in then a couple of months later i went and dyed it a dark brown underneath myself at home. I always used garnier or nice and easy.




I then decided to dye all my hair the same colour which was underneath my hair which was the dark brown.











Oh boy, this was the biggest mistake i had ever made. I then went and dyed my hair a really deep red as you cant even tell, it looks BLACK!

In the summer my scalp would burn because of how dark my hair was which wasn't nice.








I then had enough of being so dark headed and wanted to go back to my natural hair colour as my roots kept coming through and i couldn't be bothered dying them all the time. 
I firstly went to the hairdressers and told them i wanted it lighter and they said i'd need to keep having highlights until my hair would eventually be lighter. So i had highlights on top which cost a bomb! and i couldn't really tell a difference so when i got home i did some researching into pre-lighteners. So i did i bought 2 boxes of the garnier pre-lightener as i had long hair and it was quite thick. ( best thing i had ever done!) I first went ginger and stayed that colour for a good few months.



I then pre-lightened it again and it went a awful yellow duster colour but i just put a nice garnier dark ash blonde on top and it went this colour which was perfect, very similar to my natural hair colour.












Except the only thing was it started to wash and fade until it was a light golden blonde colour.


Which i wasn't happy with as i didn't want to have any brassy tones in my hair anymore.

I stuck it out for a bit and applied garnier dark ash blonde a few more times but never was really happy with the outcome.










I then decided i wanted to go to the hairdressers and get it a lighter blonde as i was sick of applying dyes and it coming out the colour i wasn't satisfied with.

Once i saw my hair in the mirror i knew it was too light, once again i hated my hair colour and i came out of the hairdressers crying.

The image i had in my head of the colour i wanted to be just wasn't this. I think it may have been because my roots was pretty much white and i felt that it didn't look normal.






So what did i do, i got home and i put another dark ash blonde on my head as we were going on holiday soon.

Once i had gone on holiday the sun bleached my hair and the sea washed it out and my hair ended up this colour which i was in love with. So after all the tears i ended up with something i was really happy with.










As i was so happy with it i just left it and eventually it grew out to this.












And the blonde grew out even more and i was back to my natural hair colour which matched my eyebrows better.













I added colour next which was semi-permanent, good job as my employment wasn't very happy about it.





I was then working and could afford to go get a full head of highlights and start to get pampered. (blow dry finish)



Then i dared to do it and i went back short after about 2 1/2 years of having long hair. This was a full head of highlights again as well.








My hair started to grow out from the cut i had done and i dyed my hair a semi-permanent pink from the company BLEACH, I was having a daring moment and wanted a dramatic change. The pink didn't last long about 2 washes and it was out.




After all the tantrums i ended up loving the colour of my hair and its still in really good condition, hair dye does damage your hair but mines stayed strong and long and thick and still looks healthy.



The only thing ill ever do to my hair next will have full head of highlights, i will never go back dark.






No comments:

Post a Comment