Saturday 28 March 2015

My acne skincare routine

My skin has never been great! i always remember suffering from acne since highschool, probably since i started wearing makeup. I just remember it didn't use to be as bad as what it is now. Whilst i was pregnant my skin was amazing, i just wish my skin would of stayed that way afterwards! Also i have to admit my diet is really appalling which i know will effect my skin..

Every morning i wake up and i cleanse my face with loreal skin perfection micellar water with a cotton wool pad. I also take my make up off with this on a night, If i don't use the micellar water i will just use a clean & clear truly gentle 3 in 1 facial wipe. After i cleanse my face i then just moisturize using E45 cream which was recommended from my doctors as my skin is really dry from the products i use for my acne. I moisturize every morning and night.


Once every couple of days i exfoliate my skin and use a face mask to try calm my spots down, i don't do this too often as my skin is really dry. I'm not going to lie i don't wash my face everyday as i just use a cleanser.



These are the exfoliating and face mask products i use. I first the garnier pure active charcoal is the best for my skin, I love the way it leaves your skin feeling soft after I've used it. It has tiny hard pieces in the gel which gets rid of all the dead skin on my face. I do try a lot of products for my skin but i'm trying to limit the amount of different ones i use and try settle down on just a couple.


After getting sick of my skin being so bad and nothing really working with the scrubs/masks i decided to head down to my doctors and get it sorted. I got put on lymecycline for 2 months. I take 1 tablet a day and i should start seeing a difference after the 2 months, if there is a slight difference i have to take them for a longer period and if they haven't done anything i have to go onto something else. To be honest i think since taking these tablets which has only been 3 weeks so far my skins a lot clearer. Which has boosted my confidence loads! The scaring still looks really bad though but makeup covers that.







This is my skin with no makeup on just my moisturizer and as you can see a lot of the scaring is around the jaw line.








No comments:

Post a Comment