Saturday 11 April 2015

My nail polish collection! // Barry M and More..

I've been collecting nail polishes since i was about 18 when i really started to get addicted to them. Especially the brand Barry M. I use to bite my nails really short so i couldn't paint them when i was younger, but since i started growing them painting was a thing that needed to be done. I still bite my fingers which doesn't make them look nice but adding some nail polish on them stops me wanting to bite them. I think biting them is just a habit and an anxiety thing. A lot of these nail polishes are quite old and need throwing away so i put most of the ones i don't use in the left tray and the newest ones in the right tray.



My favourite brand has to be Barry M and Topshop nail polishes. Barry M are such good value for what you get just being from £3.99 each and they usually have them on offer in Boots and Superdrug. Topshop ones are usually £5-£6 each which is quite expensive for some people and the one nail polish i have from Essie (Fiji) which was ridiculous price i have to layer up around 3/4 times before you can see a good colour layer with no transparency. The Essie ones are around £7.99-£9.99 each. Maybe its just the colour i picked up which doesn't work well, id love to try out the others but its the expensive of being able to pick up another one that doesn't work for me again.


 So here are some of my favourites and a none favourite!


Here's some more of my favourites, i fell in love with these tiny max factor nail polishes. They don't look much but honestly the colour pay off is amazing and only need 2 coats. For a small nail polish it does a great job! The Rimmel 60 seconds nail polish is another great colour but i wouldn't really say it drys within 60 seconds and the Seventeen nail polish is brilliant so much of the graffiti speckles come out with just one stroke of it. Super affordable products too.

The two Topshop nail polishes below make a perfect combination! I put the right nail polish on first which i do 2 coats its a really nice metallic multi-toned colour. Reminds me of petrol in the sun. I put the gold/purple glitter over the top but just on the tip of my nail. You can see a image on my Instagram.




3 comments:

  1. I love your pastel Barry M colours! I've not bought any polishes from Barry M in a while but they are such good quality, i still use the ones I bought a few years ago from there! I think with the expensive ones it's all about what colour you buy, I have a pastel lemon one from Chanel and it takes about 5 coats to get a good colour and then it chips after a day, but others i've found to be ok :) But if you're using a good top coat anyway, it doesn't really matter which you use! I've never tried the topshop ones, though i've heard good things so I think I should! :)

    Love Amylou x
    www.amylous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah same here i've not bought one in a while the gel formula ones are the most recent. It must just be the pale colours that are not so good from higher priced ranges. I'll have to test some of the darker colours out. The Barry M pastel shades are fabulous though! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG,this collection is such a GOAL :)

    ReplyDelete